New solar PV panels are currently being installed at Winnersh Triangle as part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability and to achieve net zero carbon in all landlord controlled areas.
The works have completed on buildings 1010 and 1020 and will be finishing on 210 later this month.
Solar Panels convert the sun’s energy into electricity. Unlike alternative energy sources, Solar power doesn’t release any greenhouse gasses and only needs a source of clean water to function, therefore making it safe and environmentally-friendly.
Here are some of the advantages of solar power:
- Solar panels give you guaranteed power when the sun is shining – providing a consistent, stable form of generation throughout the day.
- Solar panels don’t need as much space as other renewable technologies and can be installed in a wide range of places – for example, on rooftops!
- After they’ve been installed, solar panels need little to no maintenance.
- Solar panels don’t create any noise pollution while generating electricity.
- Solar panels are very safe. They’re mostly made from silicon sheets, and there’s no danger of the PV cells leaking or emitting any toxins or fumes.
Thank you to Infraland for being involved from the early stages of this project and for overseeing it from start to finish.
This is a very exciting project and one that will set the standard for the way that we hope to produce energy for Frasers Property’s other southern estate business parks in the future. Stay tuned for more information.